Berrings
The following extract from "A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837" makes reference to Berrings
In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, including the parishes of Inniscarra, Mattehy, and Carrigrohane-beg, and has three chapels, two of which, at Cloghroe and Berrings, are in this parish. About 30 children are educated in the parochial school, which is aided by the rector, who, with the late Sir N. C. Colthurst, Bart., built a handsome school-house. There are two private schools, in which are about 200 children, a Sunday school, and a dispensary.